This is how you work health-oriented and why it’s so important
How are your employees today? How do they experience their work and your leadership style? Let’s define the concepts of how to work health-oriented and why you should care about it at all.
First of all you’ll need proven analysis material. Then you report the results of the analysis, gather the employees for a kick off, tell about your ambitions and inspire a joint effort for - what we call - health in a broad existential sense.
It is important that all the zest for life factors come into play: the desire to eat, the desire to move and the desire to work.
In short, it applies to:
- Let everyone set their own personal goals for all areas of life. The goals must be concrete, realistic and feel meaningful.
- Link the regular development interview to a Health Plan that is implemented with personal, departmental and company-wide goals. Address the goal as an intangible asset in the annual report.
- Help employees to develop competencies in all roles (professional competence, social and emotional competence, lifestyle competence and competence around the ethical issues).
This can also be defined and included in an annual report under the heading assets.
- Develop and establish meaningful regular activities that stimulate development and relaxation.
- Create regular physical activities. Measure, define and address the physical medical health resources and assume that the approval is 100 percent and state how much the total number of employees in different age groups reaches.
The dual function of the health plan
With the Health Plan, you measure both health factors and health. Health factors are the measurable physiological and medical values, such as weight, blood pressure, fitness, etc. There are six risk factors for cardiovascular problems: Inactivity, smoking, obesity (high abdominal / buttock values), high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure and diabetes. Good levels of these six factors drastically reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. The next step - excellent levels - is more about increasing the quality of life than avoiding illness.
But the health factors really do not say everything. You can have good weight, normal blood pressure, excellent condition and still not feel well. In order for us to be able to talk about health in a broad existential sense, we must also include the answers to lifestyle questions concerning workload, relationships at work and at home, as well as eating habits, exercise habits and leisure habits. That life feels meaningful and manageable is important for health. During a year, it may be appropriate to do three health plant tests, formulate new goals and draw up personal action plans. Awareness of health increases through tests and discussions. Increased insights act as an alarm clock and spur and make it harder to dodge the lifestyle issues. After the third test, the test forms show that a lot has happened.